Deliciously scented and very original, this velvety purple carrot soup with Espelette pepper is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 400 g of purple carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 organic orange
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 80 cl of vegetable broth
- 20 cl of cream
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots, cut them into pieces.
- Peel and chop the red onion.
- Wash the orange and remove the zest, then squeeze it and collect its juice.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter, sweat the onion and add the carrots. Add the vegetable broth. Salt and pepper. Cook for 40 minutes over medium heat, covered.
- Halfway through cooking, add the orange juice and zest.
- A few minutes before the end of cooking, add the liquid cream and a good pinch of Espelette pepper. Mix everything.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve immediately.
Recipe : A. Beauvais -Photo : F. Hamel