Here is a delicious recipe for white chicken pudding with foie gras and morel juice accompanied by candied apples.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 onion
- 500 g of chicken breast
- 100 g of foie gras
- 25 cl of milk (or 10 cl of cream + 10 cl of milk)
- 2 eggs
- 300 g fat bacon
- 100 g white bread
- freshly ground pepper
- 20 g of small dehydrated morels
- 1 nice shallot
- 20 g butter
- 300 g of veal juice
- salt, 5 berry pepper
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 4 pinches of sugar
- 4 queen apple reinettes
White pudding and morel juice
For the sausages:
- Peel the onion, cut it in half.
- In the bowl of a blender, place the chicken breast in pieces, the foie gras, the milk, the eggs, the bacon, the white bread and the onion. Season. Divide the resulting dough into four and shape into 4 sausages using cling film.
- Cook the sausages in simmering water for about 10 minutes.
For the morel juice:
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in cold water. Drain them by pressing them.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot. Sweat it in the butter, add the mushrooms. Cook together for 1 minute. Add the veal juice, bring to a boil. Reduce to the tablecloth. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
For the apples:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Wash and core the apples.
- Place a knob of butter and a pinch of sugar in the center of each, then place them in a baking dish. Bake and cook for 30 minutes and 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the sausages to heat them up.
- In each plate, place a few slices of blood sausage, an apple and morels, coat with morel juice and enjoy!
Chef's B.A.ba about morels
In spring, prefer fresh morels. To clean them, quickly immerse them in cold water several times in a row (do not let them bathe otherwise they will become full of water). Cut off the earthy feet and any damaged parts.
Cut mushrooms that are too large. The rest of the year, dried morels are fine. They can be rehydrated in cold water flavored with port or cognac.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: F. Hamel