A generous and contrasting recipe where the "sea fern" mixes with the products of the land. In short, Brittany on the plate!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 pork chops
- 80 g semi-salted butter
- 500 g of potatoes
- 120 g snow peas
- 2 tbsp. dried wakame seaweed
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. liquid honey
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Preparation : 15 min -Cooking : 50 min
Caramelized pork chop and seaweed butter mash
- Peel, wash and cook the potatoes in salted water for 25 minutes. Keep them warm.
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator 1 hour before using it.
- Rehydrate the algae by immersing them in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Cook the seaweed and water in the bowl for 20 minutes over low heat. Drain them, then chop them. Reserve.
- In a bowl, work the butter with a fork until it takes on the consistency of an ointment. Add the chopped seaweed. Mix until you get a smooth texture. Place the butter thus composed on a sheet of cling film and shape into a roll, taking care to close the ends well. Let stand in the fridge for 1h15.
- Crush the mashed potatoes and add the seaweed butter.
- Cook the pork chops without fat and deglaze with soy sauce and honey. Season with fleur de sel and pepper.
- Sauté the snow peas very quickly in 20 g of demisel butter, season with pepper and salt.
- Present the caramelized pork chop on a plate accompanied by a dome of mash enhanced with seaweed butter and snow peas.
Recipe : A. Beauvais -Photo : S. Thommeret