Fragrant, delicious and easy to make, this eggplant pasta recipe is a delight.
Ingredients for 4-5 people:
- 500 g of pasta
- 1 eggplant
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 shallots
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
For pasta, ideally choose colored pasta, the results on the plate are much more beautiful and appetizing.
Pasta recipe with eggplant, basil and mozzarella
- Cut the eggplants, leaving the skin on, preferably into small cubes.
- In 10 cl of olive oil, brown the onion and chopped shallots, then add the garlic and eggplant.
Simmer over low heat and covered for 30 minutes
- Then add the diced tomatoes with the tomato paste.
Cook over low heat for 15 minutes
- At the end of cooking, add the balsamic vinegar, sugar and finely chopped basil
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- Mix the pasta with the vegetables, garnish with a few basil leaves. You can also add a little grated Emmental type cheese for more indulgence.
Place 1 or 2 slice (s) of mozzarella, a few basil leaves on top then serve hot!