Fragrant and spicy, this tandoori chicken skewer recipe is as easy as it is quick to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 leeks baguettes (small and young leeks)
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 1/2 whole milk yogurt
- 5 sheets of mint
- 1.5 whole milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp. tandoori spices
Chicken Tandoori Brochets
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes.
For the tandoori marinade:
- In a salad bowl, place the yogurt. Add the tandoori spices, salt, mix and marinate the cubes of chicken breast for one hour.
- Remove the first leaves from the leeks. Wash them, drain them, cut them into small sections.
- Bring salted boiling water in coarse salt to a boil, blanch the leek sections for 2 to 3 minutes, drain and cool in ice water.
- Thread the chicken cubes and the leek sections alternately on a wooden skewer.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a pan, place the skewers in it and cook on each side for about 2 minutes (the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken cubes).
- Wash the mint leaves, chop them and add them to the yogurt. Mix.
- Serve the tandoori chicken skewers with the mint yogurt.
- You can accompany these skewers with fragrant rice (Kashmir, Thai, Basmati).
- You can also complete this marinade with ginger, chopped garlic and cilantro.
Lassi (Indian yoghurt drink)
Rosé from Provence
Blanch: immerse for a few minutes in a liquid (start cold for citrus zest, bacon, etc. or boiling for green vegetables, for example) brought to the boil in order to soften or reduce the tanginess of an ingredient.
Photo: C. Herlédan