Fresh, light and deliciously flavored, red mullet tartare with condiments is a recipe that should wow and delight your guests.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 250 g of red mullet in fillets (i.e. 4 fillets)
- 1 lemon
- 100 g green, yellow, red peppers
- 40 g of pickles
- 20 g capers
- 1 tomato
- 60 g ofonions new
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of chive
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of parsley dish
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon ofdill
- 3 to 4 drops of Tabasco
Tartar sauce :
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. old-fashioned mustard
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 30 g of cottage cheese (20% fat)
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of vinegar
- Espelette pepper powder
Red mullet tartare and condiments
- Cut the red mullet fillets into small cubes.
- Peel the lemon, cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Peel, seed and cut the peppers into small cubes.
- Drain and chop the pickles and capers.
- Grind, seed and cut the tomato into cubes.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Wash, remove the leaves and chop the parsley and dill.
- Wash and cut the chives into small pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the ingredients, add a few drops of Tabasco.
For the tartar sauce:
Separate the yolk from the egg white. Place the yolk in a bowl, add the mustard, season with salt and Espelette pepper.
Gradually pour in the oil, add the cottage cheese. Mix, incorporate the vinegar.
Arrange the tartare in the shape of a circle. Pour a bead of sauce.
You can serve this recipe with a small mesclun.
Cellar side: Sauvignon du Pays d'Oc
Words from the kitchen
Emboss:cut into small cubes.
Monder : peel a vegetable or fruit (peach, tomato, etc.) after having immersed it for a few seconds in boiling water, cool it immediately in very cold water so as to stop cooking. The skin is then removed very easily.
Peel raw: Remove the skin from a citrus fruit (lemon, orange, grapefruit) to remove both the rind and the white skin covering the flesh. No skin should remain on the pulp.
Calories per person: 524
- Tabasco sauce contains vitamins A and C, some fiber, sugar, calcium and iron. It does not contain any calories, sugar or fat.
- You can divide the calories in this recipe by three by using just a tablespoon of olive oil and water.
Photo: C. Herlédan