Fragrant and gourmet, this recipe for Farm pork Carbonnade with beer and caramelized apple is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 600 g of pork loin
- 1.5 liter of beer
- 150 g ofonions
- 150 g of carrots
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. brown stock
- 50 g butter
- 1 dl of sunflower oil
- 5 cl of Armagnac (or beer flower brandy)
- Salt pepper
- 2 beautiful apples Limousin
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of sugar
To discover: the Flemish carbonade recipe
- Cut the pork loin into large cubes.
- Peel the onions and carrots. Cut them into cubes.
- Brown the pork loin cubes in the oil and butter until the meat is nicely browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add the onions, carrots, crushed garlic cloves. Flambé with Armagnac.
- Brown the whole well, then wet with beer. Add the brown stock diluted in 1/4 liter of water then the bouquet garni. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes over low heat.
For the caramelized apple:
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Peel the apples, core them and split them in half.
- In a small skillet, caramelize them in the butter and sugar.
- Finish cooking for 5 minutes in the oven.
- At the end of cooking the carbonnade, adjust the seasoning. Serve hot with the half caramelized apple.
At the end of cooking, you can thicken the cooking juices by simmering your stew for a few minutes without a cover.
Bouquet garni : small, tied bouquet generally made up of aromatic plants: thyme, bay leaf, parsley (for the most common). You can also add green leek, sage, rosemary, a clove of garlic or a stalk of celery. It is intended to flavor dishes, bases and sauces.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret
- To discover: the Flemish carbonade recipe